Health and Safety
Coromandel Construction Ltd is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for the safety and health of its employees and all other visitors to the workplace. Every employee is expected to act safely at all times to ensure their own welfare and that of their fellow employees and all other visitors to the workplace.
We will ensure the safety of employees by:
- Providing and maintaining a safe working environment;
- Ensuring all plant and equipment is safe;
- Ensuring all employees and other people at (or in the vicinity of) the place of work are not exposed to unmanaged or uncontrolled hazards;
- and Developing emergency and evacuation procedures.
To achieve this we will:
- Systematically identify and control all hazards in our workplace. Where there are significant hazards we will take all practicable steps to eliminate, isolate and or minimise these hazards to prevent any injury or damage.
- Inform all employees of these hazards and the hazards controls.
- Ensure all employees are properly trained and supervised.
- Inform all employees of emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Record all incidents and accidents in our workplace, and take all practicable steps to prevent these events from happening.
- Carry out planned self-inspections to monitor health and safety issues.
We’re following best practice guidelines issued by the New Zealand Government; so we’re adding specific COVID-19 info to each site specific safety plan we prepare.
- Remote induction including:
- Physical distancing and hygiene protocols
- Personal health flowchart
- Site transport protocol
- PPE – face masks, gloves
- Encourage off site working if possible.
- Daily register
- Hard signage reminding workers of physical distancing and hygiene protocols
- Returning home protocol
- At Work
- Physical distancing
- Cleaning guide
- Toolbox talk
- Hand-washing station
- COVID-19 response plan